Hello and welcome to Weekender - the newsletter that guides you through all the highlights of our Weekend edition.
The 'solar maximum' threatening to damage satellites and unleash economic chaos.
My personal conflict over the return of Assyrian artefacts.
As pure as the driven snow: how Aspen is leading America’s renewables charge.
Will artificial rain wash away Lahore's smog problem?
How Mayssa Jallad's new album gives a voice to Beirut’s abandoned Civil War buildings.
Restaurant of the week: A tall order at Burj Khalifa's Atmosphere.
Resist your impulses - how to shop on Cyber Monday.
Money & Me: ‘I try to be conscious of my financial decisions.’
Why financial literacy is a powerful tool for the UN's SDGs.
Future Beat newsletter: The stories shaping tomorrow's world.
Postcard from Kota: Students bring back the joy of cycling.
Find out how well you've kept up with the news in our Quiz of the Week.
And much, much more in our Weekend edition.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR OTHER NEWSLETTERS
- UAE Today: The latest news and analysis from the Emirates
- Checking In: Travel updates from the past week
- Energy This Week: Robin Mills on oil & gas, renewables and innovation in clean energy
- Future Beat: A weekly round-up of the stories shaping tomorrow’s world
- The Middle East Today: The must-read newsletter for the region
- View From London: What matters this week in the UK and around Europe
- The Arts Edit: Your guide to arts and culture, from a Middle Eastern perspective
- Beshara: Your weekly dose of good news
- View from DC: The inside scoop from The National’s Washington bureau
- The Climate Edit: Chart our changing world with the latest climate and environment news