Royal funeral finds time for brothers William and Harry to talk

Harry also seen speaking to sister-in-law Kate Middleton after service for Prince Philip

Royal funeral finds time for William and Harry to talk

Royal funeral finds time for William and Harry to talk
Powered by automated translation

Royal brothers Prince William and Prince Harry were seen at the funeral of Prince Philip talking publicly together for the first time since the Oprah Winfrey interview that rocked the family with accusations of racism.
Prince William, second in line to the throne, and Harry, who has stepped down from royal duties, talked as they walked the short distance to Windsor Castle from St George's Chapel.
It was the first time Harry, Duke of Sussex, has been seen publicly with royal relatives since he left the UK for the US with his wife, Meghan.
Last month, a bombshell interview with Winfrey portrayed the royal family as indifferent to Meghan's mental health struggles, and Harry described his relationship with William as "space at the moment".
Harry was first seen speaking to his sister-in-law Kate Middleton, as they left the chapel. William, Duke of Cambridge, then chatted with Harry as the family walked back to Windsor Castle.

Prince Philip's final journey followed by Queen and royal family

Prince Philip's final journey followed by Queen and royal family

At the funeral, William and Kate sat in a Covid bubble while Harry, who has been self-isolating at his former family home – Frogmore Cottage – sat alone. The Duchess of Sussex is pregnant and was unable to make the trip from California.
The brothers were sombre and silent as they walked together in a procession behind Prince Philip's coffin before the service, along with their father, Prince Charles, and other close relatives.
As William and Harry walked in silence on either side of their cousin, Peter Phillips, he stepped back slightly to allow the brothers to walk together.

Queen Elizabeth led the family in paying their last respects to Prince Philip at a funeral that celebrated his naval past, his international heritage and seven decades of service in which he helped guide the queen through repeated crises.

The queen led the royal procession for his funeral at Windsor Castle, followed by their children and grandchildren.

Prince Philip died at Windsor Castle aged 99 after a month of hospital treatment for a heart condition and an infection.

His coffin, covered with a wreath, his sword, naval cap and his personal standard, was moved by a bearer party from the Queen's Company, 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards, to the royal residence's inner hall and later placed on the Land Rover as God Save the Queen was played.
His death, after 73 years of marriage, has left a "huge void" in her life, the couple's son, Prince Andrew said, and the family has described him as "the grandfather of the nation".
But it's not yet known if the death of their grandfather will help the brothers heal their rift.