UK far right extremist jailed for knife rampage to 'kill a Muslim' day after Christchurch massacre

Vincent Fuller has been jailed for 18 years

Far right extremist Vincent Fuller has been jailed for 18 years for a knife attack in the UK.
Far right extremist Vincent Fuller has been jailed for 18 years for a knife attack in the UK.

A UK far right extremist who went on a knife rampage to "kill a Muslim" the day after the Christchurch massacre has been jailed for 18 years.

Vincent Fuller stabbed the victim, a Bulgarian man, 19, in the neck through a car window as part of a plan to “kill a Muslim”.

Kingston Crown Court heard that the 50 year old, of Stanwell, had been watching videos of the terrorist attack in Christchurch, New Zealand, and had previously posted on his Facebook page that he “agreed with what that man did in New Zealand” and in a separate post said “kill all the non English [sic] and get them all out of our of [sic] England”.

Fuller was involved in a number of separate incidents on Saturday, March 16, before finally attacking his victim, who was sitting in a car in a supermarket car park.

Shortly before 10.30pm, he tried to confront his neighbours, who were of Asian heritage, armed with a baseball bat.

After being denied access to the house and shouting racist abuse at the occupants, he moved on, walking in the middle of a busy road where he began to attack oncoming cars with the baseball bat at random.

He hit a number of vehicles, while continuing to shout pro-white supremacist slogans and offensive racist slurs.

After splitting the baseball bat, he briefly returned home and changed his clothes, before walking to a nearby supermarket.

He found two men sitting in a parked car and, as he believed them to be non-white, he attacked one of them, stabbing him through an open window. He then made off from the scene but was arrested shortly after by armed officers from Surrey Police.

The victim sustained injuries to his neck and hand and was treated in hospital.

During the investigation, officers found a knife on the route between Fuller’s home and the car park. They also found half a baseball bat discarded in Town Lane, where Fuller had attacked various cars. The other half was found inside his house, a short distance away.

While being arrested he continued to shout racist abuse and spat at officers.

The attack was declared a terrorist incident the following day, and Counter Terrorism Police South East then took over the investigation.

He pleaded guilty to attempted murder, racially aggravated harassment, affray and possessing a blade.

Judge Peter Lodder QC, determining that the stabbing was terrorism, sentenced Fuller to 18 years and nine months in jail, serving a minimum of 12 years and three months before being considered for release.

Detective Chief Superintendent Kath Barnes, Head of CTPSE, said: “Fuller is clearly an incredibly angry and dangerous individual, who went out of his way looking for someone of non-white appearance to attack.

"It is fortunate that the victim was able to defend himself despite being confined to his car, as otherwise this would undoubtedly have been a murder investigation.

“Given the context of his actions, notably in the aftermath of the horrendous events in New Zealand, the decision was taken to declare this a terrorist incident.

“We are committed to tackling all forms of toxic extremist ideology, which has the potential to threaten public safety and security. Extreme right wing investigations are pursued by our officers with exactly the same level of resource and vigour as other forms of extremist ideology."

Updated: September 11, 2019 03:14 PM


Editor's Picks
Sign up to:

* Please select one

Most Read