NEW DELHI // The 25-year-old royal footman who gained international fame by helping to announce the birth of Britain's Prince George, has returned to his home in India.
Badar Azim joined Queen Elizabeth II's press secretary at Buckingham Palace on July 22 to post the bulletin announcing the birth of the third in line to the British throne.
On Wednesday, Mr Azim returned to his home in the Indian city of Kolkata after his work visa expired.
He said that announcing the birth was an "amazing" experience and that one day he would love to return to work at the palace.
Mr Azim said he did not seek a visa extension and wanted to spend time with his family after being away for four years.
"If I have a new visa, then why not," he said of a return to work at the palace. "It would be a privilege to work with the royal household."
A day after the prince was born, newspapers around the world carried photographs of Mr Azim walking at Buckingham Palace carrying the birth announcement.
For now, Mr Azim is back in the tiny one-room apartment he shares with his parents and brothers, home in time to celebrate Eid.
He studied hotel management in college and after graduating got several offers from hotels in Britain. He started working at Buckingham Palace last year.