Teen who sexually assaulted a boy to undergo judicial supervision and rehabilitation
Dubai Juvenile Court sentenced the 13-year-old to judicial supervision
A teenager who abducted a boy, undressed him while he filmed him, then molested him and posted the video on Instagram will be under judicial supervision for a year.
On April 21 last year, a 13-year-old boy and 19-year-old man abducted the Emirati pupil, 11, while he was walking home in Hatta and took him to the man’s house.
The pupil said the two Emiratis forced him to take his clothes off and abused him while they filmed him on the 19-year-old’s mobile phone, who then posted the video on social media.
“They threatened to rape me and rape my friend who was walking with me when I was taken by the two, my friend was standing a side and saw everything,” said the boy.
The boy’s mother said she found out what happened after walking in on her son watching the video on his phone.
“I saw the clip and asked him what happened, he told me how they forced him into a house and stripped him naked then abused him,” said the 33-year-old mother, who reported the matter to police.
A police officer said the pupil was restrained by one of the defendants while the other took his clothes off against his will.
Police arrested the 19-year-old the same day.
“I questioned him but he denied everything. Then I checked his phone and saw the clip posted on his Instagram account,” said the Emirati officer, 34.
The younger defendant told officers the victim walked into the house willingly.
At Dubai Criminal Court, the unemployed 19-year-old was charged with sexual assault and abusing telecommunication laws by posting a video containing child pornography. He denied the charges and awaits his verdict.
The 13-year-old was faced with the same charges at Dubai Juvenile Court which he denied but was found guilty and sentenced to judicial supervision. He will also undergo rehabilitation courses after which a report will be submitted to the Juvenile Court.
Published: December 5, 2017 03:13 PM