Coronavirus: two more patients recover in UAE, says health ministry

Eight cases have been recorded in the UAE and three have recovered fully

Two more coronavirus patients have made a full recovery in the UAE, bringing the total number of recovered cases in the country to three.

The Ministry of Health and Prevention announced on Friday the two Chinese citizens, a 41-year-old man and his son, who is eight, had fully recovered.

Their return to good health follows the recovery last week of Liu Yujia, a 73-year-old woman from China, who was the first patient who had recovered fully from the disease.

A total of eight coronavirus cases have been recorded in the UAE.

The virus has spread around the globe since it emerged in December in Wuhan, the capital of China’s central Hubei province.

China's National Health Commission has said 55,748 people are currently being treated for coronavirus in mainland China, where 1,380 people have, thus far, been killed by the disease.

According to Wam, China's consul general in Dubai, Li Xuhang, and Dr Fatima Al Attar, head of international health regulations at the ministry, visited the father and son to congratulate them on their recovery.

The Chinese citizens expressed their thanks and appreciation to the UAE for the care and medical attention they had received.

"With the announcement of the recovery of the two cases, today, we deliver a message of love from the people of the UAE to the friendly Chinese people and emphasise our solidarity with them in facing this disease," Dr Al Attar said.

"The UAE leadership, government and people have demonstrated the true meaning of solidarity with the People's Republic of China in confronting this latest outbreak," Mr Li told Wam.

EDITOR'S PICKS
NEWSLETTERS