Baby dies after fire at Fujairah home

The seven-month-old was asleep when an air-conditioning unit caught fire

Powered by automated translation

A seven-month-old baby boy died after a fire broke out at a Fujairah home.

The child was asleep in a room on the second floor of the two-storey villa in the Al Faseel area when an air-conditioning unit caught fire.

Firefighters and paramedics were sent to the scene after a housemaid raised the alarm at midday on Sunday.

The baby suffered severe burns and died after being taken to hospital.

"Firefighters managed to control the blaze and prevent it from spreading to other parts of the villa," said Colonel Dr Saeed Al Hassani

“The baby and his four-year-old brother were in the villa with the housemaid. The mother was at work while the father is on a mission outside the country.”

Colonel Dr Al Hassani said the fire may have been caused by poor wiring and the excessive use of the air-conditioning unit due to high temperatures.


Read more:

Child dies in Abu Dhabi apartment blaze

Emirati man rescued from Fujairah fire