No offers yet for Tevez
Roberto Mancini, the Manchester City manager, has played down suggestions Carlos Tevez could move to Inter Milan in a swap deal involving the full-back Maicon.
City's unsettled striker has been linked persistently with Inter but Mancini insists there has been no approach and the Argentine will return to normal training next week.
Tevez is not available for tomorrow's Community Shield clash against Manchester United having been granted a 21-day break following the end of his involvement in the Copa America.
Mancini said: "He doesn't have another team. Carlos is a professional player. If he doesn't have another team in the next 10 days or two weeks I think he will play for us and play serious like last year, like always."
When asked whether Tevez was likely to move before the transfer deadline at the end of the month, Mancini told a press conference yesterday: "I don't know. A lot can happen in one month but if he stays I am happy."
The rumours linking the FA Cup winners with Maicon highlight a lack of cover for Micah Richards, the first-choice right-back.
Because of that another Argentine, the defender Pablo Zabaleta, has returned to training and will be available to play at Wembley today.
Mancini said: "Carlos comes back on Monday because he has 21 days after the Copa America. Zaba is here because if we had a problem with Micah we have only one fit right-back."
City's £38 million (Dh227m) record summer signing Sergio Aguero, who was also involved in the Copa America with Argentina, will be on the bench today.
The former Atletico Madrid forward has had blistered feet but is now training as normal after a 20-minute session on Thursday.
Mancini said: "Sergio is OK, he will train today [Friday]. He is not 100 per cent ready but he is fit to come on the bench."
Published: August 6, 2011 04:00 AM