Two members of the Haas Formula One team and one from McLaren were quarantined in Melbourne on Wednesday as a precaution amid coronavirus fears ahead of Sunday's season-opening Australian Grand Prix.
"Two members showed some cold-like symptoms this morning. With the guidelines we've followed, they have been tested (for coronavirus)," a Haas spokesman said.
"As a result of being tested they have to go back into the hotel for isolation while we await the results."
McLaren said one team member had self-isolated in the team hotel as a precaution for showing "coronavirus-like symptoms".
"We expect to receive the results overnight. The team is operating as per our normal schedule," a spokeswoman said.
Both Haas and McLaren are British-based, while Haas has close ties with Italy-based Ferrari, which supplies their power units.
A spokeswoman for Ferrari said none of its team members had been quarantined or tested.
"All are present and accounted for," she said.
Formula One organisers have already postponed the Chinese race scheduled in April, while the Bahrain Grand Prix will go ahead without spectators on March 22.
Australian Grand Prix Corporation chief executive Andrew Westacott had said on Monday that Albert Park was ready to welcome thousands of motor sport fans and there was "no chance" of a spectator ban.
More than 300,000 people attended race week last year, according to organisers' estimates,
With a surge in local cases in recent days and confirmed community transmission in Melbourne, organisers have been under fire from some parts of the media for insisting the race will go ahead without restrictions.