Getting your daily dose of greens just got easier with these deliciously wholesome recipes.
Recipes and photos supplied by Comptoir 102, 102 Beach Road, Dubai, www.comptoir102.com
Essential green smoothie
180ml coconut water
1 tbsp avocado
2 vanilla pods, pulp scooped out
1 tbsp maca powder
1/2 tsp spirulina
1. Blend all ingredients until smooth. Serve in a glass.
Avocado crostini with crème macadamia
Crème macadamia (serves more than one):
300g macadamia nuts
50ml olive oil
6 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt and pepper
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
Pinch of salt and pepper
8g alfalfa sprouts
40g cucumber, sliced thinly
2 slices cereal bread
1 serving of mixed greens for a side salad
1. Mix all the ingredients in a blender until mixture reaches a fine consistency.
1. Mash avocado and add lemon juice and olive oil, seasoning gradually.
2. Mix until all ingredients are fully distributed.
To assemble crostini:
1. Toast bread, then spread with a thick layer of crème macadamia.
2. Top with guacamole, alfalfa sprouts and cucumber slices.
3. Serve with the side salad.
Cucumber and pineapple soup
3/4 cup macadamia nuts, crushed
1 tbsp spring onion, chopped
5g slice of lemon
1 tsp olive oil
2 pinches of salt
2 1/2 tsp coriander, chopped
2 tsp cold water
1. Peel the cucumber and pineapple and chop into chunks.
2. Place in a blender with the spring onion and cold water and blend until runny.
3. Add the salt, lemon, olive oil and chopped coriander leaves and blend all ingredients.
4. Add crushed macadamia nuts and serve chilled.