This exquisite embroidered dress was one of the undisputed highlights of the Dolce & Gabbana AW13 collection. Now on sale at the label's store in Mall of the Emirates. As its price would suggest, this is a very special piece. Here's why:
1. The lace is doubled with tulle ton sur ton, which leterally means tone over tone and refers to the overall effect of the fabric.
2. The floral motif includes lilies, roses, peonies and cornflowers, which are exquisitely designed into panesl of tapestry.
3. The panels have been loom reconstructed with the needle point technique delicately onto the lace.
4. The piece is a runaway look from Dolce & Gabbana's A/W2012-13 show and was inspired by Sicilian noble houses of the 19th century.
5. Made with a superfine high quality white lace base, one of the brand's most iconic and recurrent fabrics.