Pick of the best festive parties around the UAE
’Tis the season to be jolly — even in the desert — and there are plenty of venues offering great entertainment for the festive reveller. Here are the 10 picks of the best holiday parties and gigs.
Cirque Le Soir’s Twisted Winter Wonderland
Extroverted circus-themed nightclub Cirque is offering a typically theatrical festive experience, with the whole club decked out with a beguiling new temporary seasonal theme. Stop by and step inside the Twisted Winter Wonderland, which imagines Alice “returning to Wonderland with a vengeance”. So expect a mix of wintry snowflakes and cute elves with darker elements inspired by “troubled dreams and nightmares”. A novel take on the holiday season for sure.
• From Wednesday, December 24 until Friday, December 26 from 10pm each night at Cirque Le Soir, Fairmont Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road. Free entry, but reservations are recommended
White at White Dubai
While details are scant about this alfresco nightspot’s festive offering, Dubai’s whitest club (the clue is in the name, after all), is promising to get whiter yet with its festive parties. So expect more snowflakes — and probably some cheesy tunes, too.
• From Wednesday, December 24 until Friday, December 26, from 10pm at White Dubai, Meydan, 050 443 0933
Audio Tonic’s Boxing Day Boutique
Serious fans of house music should head down to 360° to hear the scene-stealing Audio Tonic team serve up a 10-hour “fairy tale” of credible but danceable beats, with a bumper bill of locals including Tristan Bain, Rich Showell, Jordan Sweeting, JC Pinto, Rod Lee Winters and — fresh from spinning at Creamfields Abu Dhabi — Mr Mr and Arcade 82.
• Friday, December 26 from 4pm at 360°, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai. Free entry, make reservations at 055 500 8518
Bob Sinclar at Pacha
The man behind omnipresent floorfiller Love Generation, among others, the energetic French DJ Sinclar marks Pacha’s first major intentional booking since opening this year.
• Friday, December 26 from 11pm at Pacha Ibiza Dubai, Madinat Jumeirah. Early bird tickets Dh100 for women and Dh200 for men from www.timeouttickets.com
Rob Da Bank at Zero Gravity
Best known as the cofounder of the hip British festival Bestival, Rob Da Bank is a respected purveyor of left-field electronic sounds, thanks to his prominent work as a DJ on BBC Radio 1. It’s a great coup to get him in town for the busy festive period, so expect things to kick off at what may be the city’s hottest alfresco clubbing spot, Zero Gravity.
• Friday, December 26 at Zero Gravity, SkyDive Dubai. Free for men before 10pm and ladies before midnight, otherwise Dh100
Metal Asylum Festival at The Music Room
Guitar fans can mark the festive season with a healthy dose of rock ’n’ roll. Organisers say that at least seven of the region’s best rock bands have been booked to play the Metal Asylum Festival. Among the highlights are prog-rockers Freefall and grunge group Reset String, both from Kuwait, Sharjah metal outfit RAJM and Dubai-based bands DaisyGrim and Tsinelaz.
• Friday, December 26 from 9pm at The Music Room, Majestic Hotel Tower, Bur Dubai. Tickets Dh75
Miguel Campbell and Maher Daniel at Blue Marlin
Blue Marlin’s peerless booking policy continues during the holiday season with an enticing double bill of Hot Creations man Miguel Campbell, also known as one-half of production duo HJCB, and Barcelona-based talent Daniel.
• Friday, December 26 from 1pm at Blue Marlin Ibiza, Ghantoot, 056 113 3400
King of Pop at Al Saadiyat
King of Pop star Navi claims to be the only Michael Jackson impersonator to have been invited to Jackson’s Neverland Ranch; to have played at Jacko’s birthday parties (receiving a standing ovation from the man himself); and to have worked as a decoy for Jackson. Allegedly. He should be pretty good at bringing the great man’s works to life in this special themed show, then.
• Friday, December 26 from 6.30pm at Saadiyat Beach Golf Club, Saadiyat Island, tickets Dh80 from platinumlist.ae
Winter Wonderland at Eight
Even more of the white, frosty stuff is promised at this Abu Dhabi club’s one-night-only festive bash. Expect “snowy fun and frozen fantasies”.
• Friday, December 26 from 8pm at Eight Abu Dhabi, Shangri-La Hotel. Qaryat Al Beri, 02 558 1988. Free entry
Red and White party at Aloft
Guests are invited to come along to Aloft’s festive-themed shindig dressed in either “stylish white” or “red fun fashion”. A party atmosphere and special deals have been promised at this top party spot.
• Wednesday, December 24 from 8pm at Aloft Abu Dhabi, Capital Centre, 02 654 5000. Free entry
Published: December 22, 2014 04:00 AM