Dubai Criminal Court cleared a security guard of kidnapping a boy he claimed to be his son.
Prosecutors said that on April 5, the 6-year-old boy was at a horse-riding school in Al Khawaneej when the Pakistani defendant, 33, tried to take him.
The boy's British mother, who is of Pakistani descent, was at the school and called police.
She denied that the boy was the defendant’s son, saying she has been married to another man for 26 years with whom she shares three children including the boy who was born in Dubai in 2010.
Read more: Man accused of kidnapping boy, 6, claims the child is his son but mother disagrees
A Polish riding instructor told the court she had seen the defendant two or three times since the boy joined their club a year ago but denied having knowledge of the mother and defendant's relationship.
She said she received an apology message from the defendant the day after the incident which read: "I'm sorry for what happened at the riding school but I haven't seen my son for a month."
The defendant submitted a copy of a marriage certificate in a bid to prove that he was married to the child's mother and that the boy was his son. However, the woman submitted a marriage certificate proving that she had been and is still married to one man and that he was the father of all three of her children.
Prosecutors said the defendant's marriage certificate was issued after the boy was born.
The defendant denied a kidnap charge in court in September. On Tuesday, he was cleared of the charge though the court did not clarify the reasons behind its verdict.