The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Co-operation said it affirmed the UAE's strong condemnation of such criminal acts, and its permanent rejection of all forms of violence aimed at destabilising security and stability.
The ministry said it renewed its firm position and solidarity with Egypt in confronting terrorists, and its support and assistance for all the measures it takes to protect its security and stability.
The ministry also expressed its sincere condolences and sympathy to the families of the victims, and its wishes for a speedy recovery for all the injured.
In a Facebook statement posted on Saturday, a military spokesman said the attackers were being pursued and were now under siege in a remote area of Sinai.
“These treacherous attacks will not undermine the resolve and will of the sons of this nation and its armed forces to uproot terrorism,” Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El Sisi wrote on his Facebook page.
Egyptian soldiers and police, often backed by fighter jets and helicopter gunships, have been fighting militants in the region for years.
In 2018, the government launched a major offensive against the rebels, dislodging militants from most of their strongholds in northern Sinai, close to the Israel and Gaza border.
Mr El Sisi said last month that 3,277 service members from the army and police had been killed fighting militants since 2013. More than 12,000 have been injured, he added.