The highest paid players at West Bromwich Albion - in pictures
The Baggies look destined for a return to the Championship
West Bromwich Albion's 3-0 victory over Southampton on Monday made it back-to-back Premier League wins for the Baggies.
An emergency call was made to Sam Allardyce in December as West Brom struggled on their return to the English top flight, replacing Slaven Bilic.
And while his firefighting services may have given WBA a fighting chance, the sense is that it is too little too late.
West Brom have spent the majority of the campaign second-bottom of the Premier League, and are still eight points from safety.
Above is a photo gallery of West Brom players and their weekly salaries. To move on to the next image, click on the arrows, or if you're using a mobile device, simply swipe.
Who is the highest paid player at West Brom?
Charlie Austin is the highest paid player on West Brom's books, according to Spotrac, an online sports team and player contract website.
The former England striker has a take-home pay of £70,000 a week ($96,418). That's an annual salary of £3.64 million. Austin has spent the 2020/21 season on loan at Championship club Queens Park Rangers, meaning that left-back Kieran Gibbs is the next best paid player at The Hawthorns, on £55,000 a week.
The top 10 highest paid players at WBA in 2020/21
1. Charlie Austin, £70,000 a week
2. Kieran Gibbs, £55,000 a week
3. Jake Livermore, £46,000 a week
4. Branislav Ivanovic, £38,462 a week
5. Sam Johnstone, £32,500 a week.
6. Hal Robson-Kanu, £30,000 a week
7. Filip Krovinovic, £29,150 a week
8. Ahmed Hegazi (on loan at Al-Ittihad), £26,500 a week
9. Kamil Grosicki, £25,000 a week
10. Grady Diangana, £20,350 a week
Published: April 14, 2021 10:02 AM