Dortmund set Barcelona 'deadline' after denying deal for Dembele
French winger emerged as a key transfer target for Barca following the departure of Neymar to PSG.
Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund have denied reports a deal has been agreed for the transfer of French winger Ousmane Dembele to Barcelona.
Reports in the German media claimed on Thursday that Barcelona had agreed a fee for Dembele, thought to be worth €120 million (Dh520m), or up to €150m depending on performance bonuses.
Primera Liga preview: Revived Valencia face toughest of tests at Real Madrid
Premier League predictions: Chelsea too strong for Everton, expect goals when Liverpool host Arsenal
It would make Dembele, 20, the second-most expensive footballer in history following Brazilian forward Neymar's move from Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain earlier this month.
However, Dortmund said on Friday that no decision had yet been made to transfer Ousmane Dembele to Barcelona.
"We have set Barcelona a deadline, and either something will happen or it won't," a spokesman for Dortmund said.
Barca have had two previous bids rejected by Dortmund for Dembele, the first of which - reported to be worth €100m - resulted in the France international refusing to train with the Bundesliga side, who subsequently suspended the player.
Barcelona also retain a strong interest in Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho, although the Premier League club have so far resisted a series of bids from the Catalans, the latest reported to be worth in the region on €140m.
Published: August 25, 2017 01:41 PM