Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Amir has announced his retirement from international cricket at the age of 28, the country's cricket board said on Thursday.
"Amir confirmed to the PCB chief executive that he has no desires or intentions of playing international cricket and, as such, he should not be considered for future international matches," the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said in a statement.
"This is a personal decision of Mohammad Amir, which the PCB respects."
The announcement came after a video of Amir was posted on social media where he said he suffered 'mental torture' because of the way he was treated by the senior national team management.
Amir said he doesn't want to play under the current management after receiving a "wake up call" when he was left out of the limited overs squad for the New Zealand tour.
"If I don't get selected in 35-member squad, then it means it's a wake-up call for me to plan my future," Amir said in a video shared by Pakistan's told Samaa TV.
"I don't think I can play cricket under this management. I am being tortured mentally.
"I don't think I can tolerate this torture. I have endured enough from 2010 to 2015."
Amir, who has 259 wickets across all formats, had retired from Test cricket last year to focus on the white-ball game.
He was the pick of the Pakistan bowlers in last year's 50-overs World Cup in England with 17 wickets as they missed out on a semi-final spot.
Amir added that the only people who supported him were former captain Shahid Afridi and former PCB chairman Najam Sethi.
"Sethi and Shahid Afridi were the two people whom I will thank forever, both of them supported me at a tough time," he added.
"I returned after completing the sentence of five years, it's not like I returned after a year... The rest of the team said, 'We will not play with Mohammad Amir'."