Fifa Club World Cup UAE 2017: Fans urged to book tickets 'while they are still available'

European champions Real Madrid will be the main attraction at the December tournament.

Soccer Football - Champions League - Real Madrid vs Tottenham Hotspur - Santiago Bernabeu Stadium, Madrid, Spain - October 17, 2017   Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo celebrates scoring their first goal from the penalty spot    REUTERS/Sergio Perez
Beta V.1.0 - Powered by automated translation

Organisers of this December’s Fifa Club World Cup have urged UAE football fans to purchase tickets as soon as possible having sold already 75 per cent - meaning there remains the opportunity to see Real Madrid in action later this year.

The December 6-16 event, which takes place for the third time in the Emirates, has proved extremely popular since tickets were first made available in mid-June. Earlier that month, Madrid confirmed their place at the tournament by winning the Uefa Champions League.

____________________________________

Read more:

____________________________________

The reigning Club World Cup holders, looking to become the first team to retain the title, do not enter the competition until the semi-final stage on December 13.

The Local Organising Committee (LOC) announced on Tuesday that 90 per cent of tickets for the semi-final and final have been sold, but said they are working in conjunction with Fifa to confirm the final allocations for the remaining 10 per cent. They told fans to monitor the tournament’s official website throughout the next few weeks.

“The Fifa Club World Cup UAE 2017 will be a celebration of the best club football from around the world, and promises to showcase some of the most famous names in the sport," said Ahmed Al Qubaisi, director of marketing & communications at the LOC.

“Since tickets went on sale in June, we have seen an overwhelming demand and the LOC is committed to making the Fifa Club World Cup UAE 2017 accessible to all. So we encourage fans to book tickets while they are still available.”

Until now, four of the seven teams for the Club World Cup have been confirmed. Madrid are joined by UAE champions Al Jazira, New Zealand’s Auckland City and Mexico’s Pachuca. Jazira kick off the tournament at Al Ain’s Hazza bin Zayed Stadium on December 6. Zayed Sports City Stadium in Abu Dhabi will also host matches.

The identity of the fifth club will be resolved on Saturday, when Egypt’s Al Ahly and Morocco’s Wydad Casablanca contest the second leg of the CAF Champions League final. Last week’s first leg in Alexandria finished 1-1.

Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia’s Al Hilal face Japan’s Urawa Red Diamonds in the Asian Champions League final next month, with South America's Copa Libertadores showpiece decided on November 29.

For more information on tickets, visit www.fifa.com/uae2017.

EDITOR'S PICKS
NEWSLETTERS
MORE FROM THE NATIONAL