With its central location, perfect winter weather and many events, the UAE is a favourite stopover for many of the world's celebrities and prominent figures.
Here are the famous faces from all around the globe that were spied in Dubai or Abu Dhabi this week.
1. Pakistani cricket legend Shahid Afridi was honoured with a 'Sportsman of the Decade' award at an IBA event:
2. Lindsay Lohan, who is planning on shooting a film in Saudi Arabia with a UAE-based filmmaker soon, shared this snap from Zaya Nurai Island - a private island resort to the east of the coat of Abu Dhabi (a 10 minute boat ride from Saadiyat):
3. Man City footballer Bernardo Silva shared a snap of himself dining with Brazilian teammates Ederson, Fernandinho and Gabriel Jesus, with the Abu Dhabi Breakwater in the background. See their Emirates Palace training session here:
4. Bollywood legend Salman Khan is in town to shoot Race 3 in Abu Dhabi (you can read more about the shoot here):
5. As is Anil Kapoor (a member of the legendary Kapoor family):
6. And Bobby Deol - son of Dharmendra and brother of Sunny - is also in Abu Dhabi to shoot the action film:
7. Pakistani actor Faysal Quraishi - son of Afshan - flew into the UAE to see the Karachi Kings play in Sharjah against the Quetta Gladiators (the Gladiators won):
8. American Olympic fencer Ibtihaj Muhammed - who was immortalised as a Barbie last week - is in the UAE to attend the Special Olympics (see pictures of the torch being carried through Abu Dhabi here):
9. Retired American figure skater Michelle Kwan managed to fit in a round of golf while here for the Special Olympics (click to play). We love her snazzy tangerine suit:
10. Lebanese pop star Yara was in Abu Dhabi, and stopped to chat with the famous Abla Fahita while here:
10. Former Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach flew in to film a show in Dubai and visit The Dubai Mall. "Ready to meet my fellow Filipinos," she said in this post:
She shared this Throwback of her last visit to Dubai too:
11. And singer Rita Ora spent time with local sneakerhead Rashed Belhasa while in town for a club gig:
12. While one half of Irish band Kodaline (read about drummer Vinny May's five favourite songs here) went up the Burj Khalifa: