Furniture that can be used both indoors and out is a major trend for this year. Here are some options to consider.
1 Carbon seating
Aesthetically pleasing and comfortable, this Carbon Pad & Cap chair by Bertjan Pot and Marcel Wanders is also easy to clean and features soft cushions in faux leather.
• Carbon Pad & Cap chair, price on request, Moooi at Superstudio, Al Quoz, Dubai
2 Simply calming
Consider wicker to create a more laid-back look. The thick cushion on this white Finntorp chair by Ikea makes it a great place to cozy up with a book, whether it’s in the corner of your bedroom or out on the deck.
• Finntorp wicker chair, Dh275, Ikea, Dubai Festival City and Yas Island, Abu Dhabi
3 Scandi stacking
Embrace the minimalism of Scandinavian style (very on-trend right now) and fit out your home with industrial pieces such as this Malmo dark-silver metal chair from Artisanti. It will work well in any room or outdoor area, and is stackable, making it ideal for smaller spaces.
• Malmo metal chair, Dh1,061, Artisanti, www.artisanti.com
4 Swan’s way
Add a rustic element to your outdoor space or living room. This Swany armchair from Flamant will complement pieces such as repurposed coffee tables or deck furniture.
• Swany armchair, Dh1,600, Flamant, Dubai Mall
5 Neutral styling
If you don’t want your chairs to be the focal point of your room or garden, choose something in a neutral colour palette. This Fair Trade Malawi chair from Eco Chic features Malawi bamboo from Africa, and offers just the right amount of texture to make it interesting but not overwhelming.
• Fair Trade Malawi chair, Dh1,944, Eco Chic, www.ecochic.com.au