Saudi Arabia’s Deputy Defence Minister, Prince Khalid bin Salman, vowed the Kingdom will spare no efforts in combating terrorism in the region.
“Stability in the Middle East is one of Saudi Arabia’s most significant goals,” Prince Khalid said on Wednesday during the Moscow conference on International Security.
"Today’s participation in this conference is part of the continuation of its efforts in combating terrorism for the safety of all people and nations," he said on Twitter.
The royal is the son of King Salman and brother of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
"We will support all efforts aimed at stabilising the region and the world," he said, adding that the Kingdom will combat all sources that finance terror and money laundering.
Prince Khalid stressed that Saudi Arabia is witnessing an unprecedented transformation and development in establishing Vision 2030.
Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman announced the Kingdom’s Vision 2030 in 2016, which envisions an economic reform plan that sets the country on a course of rapid transformation to boost its private sector, unemployment and rapidly modernise the country.
"We have enhanced our cyber security to face any threats through the Internet," Prince Khalid said.
The Prince stressed that Iran continues to be the main source of instability in the region.
“We have to choose between the chaos that Iran spreads, and stability, security and development,” he told the conference.
The Iranian regime is continuing to breach international laws and igniting sectarianism, he said.
Tehran is supporting terror groups such as the Houthis rebels in Yemen and Hezbollah in Lebanon, the prince said.
“The Houthi militias are continuing to violate UN Security Council resolutions and the Stockholm agreement,” he said, referring to UN efforts aimed at ending Yemen’s four-year war.
The rebels have so far launched 200 ballistic missiles that targeted the Kingdom since the start of the war in 2014, he said.
“They've also committed various war crimes against the people of Yemen.”
Prince Khalid's comments follow the Kingdom's execution of 37 people charged with connections to terrorism.
“The death penalty was implemented... on a number of culprits for adopting extremist terrorist ideologies and forming terrorist cells to corrupt and disrupt security as well as spread chaos and provoke sectarian strife,” the state news agency reported on Tuesday.
The 37 were all Saudi nationals. The reports gave no further details on who the convicted people were or what exact crimes they had committed.
It comes as ISIS claimed responsibility on Monday for a failed attack on a Saudi security base north-west of Riyadh.