Three die in suspected toxic gas accident in Al Ain

Al Ain deaths blamed on AC unit rigged to generator in closed room

Powered by automated translation

Three men died in their sleep after inhaling toxic gas from an air conditioning unit powered by a mobile generator, according to media reports.

A fourth man was taken to hospital in Al Ain and survived what is thought to be carbon monoxide poisoning.

The survivor told the local newspaper Gulf Today that he felt dizzy after waking during the night, then woke up in hospital to learn his roommates were dead.

Police have been contacted for comment.

// more to follow //