How to… replace a lost or stolen Emirates ID card

Police reporter Wafa Issa takes you through the steps to replace your ID card.

Beta V.1.0 - Powered by automated translation

DUBAI // Anyone who loses their national identity card, or suspects it has been stolen, must by law report it immediately to the nearest Emirates Identity Authority centre.
The card will be deactivated so that it can no longer be used.
The person who has lost the card must then apply for a replacement with the same fixed ID number.
To do this, obtain a stamped certificate of ID Number from any Emirates ID service centre.
You will need to take proof of your identity.
Next, fill in the "replacement for damaged or lost card" form at any authorised typing centre or from the ID authority's website.
Emiratis are required to show an original valid passport and family book.
GCC nationals must provide a document proving their residency in the UAE, such as an employment certificate, a property lease or ownership contract, commercial licence, school registration certificate, certificate of dependency, valid marriage contract or an employment card. Expatriates must have a valid residency or entry visa. Children under 15 must provide a colour, passport-size photo with white background.
A fee of Dh300 is charged for the replacement card. This must be paid in cash or credit card only.
Step 1: Report to the nearest Emirates Identity Authority centre the misplacement of ID card.
Step 2: Get a stamped Certificate of ID Number from any Emirates Identity Authority centre.
Step 3: Fill in an application at any authorised typing centre or from the authority's website.
Step 4: Pay the Dh300 fee for a replacement card by cash or credit card.
For more information, visit or call 600 530 003.