Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah offer staycation discounts to UAE's frontline workers to acknowledge their efforts during the coronavirus pandemic.
The Cove Rotana Resort, Hilton Hotels, as well as attractions such as ToroVerde Ras Al Khaimah, the world's longest zipline, and Suwaidi Pearlsa, among other places, have come up with special prices, packages and discounts.
"We recognise the immense efforts and dedication of our frontline heroes to ensure the nation's safety and wellbeing," said Raki Phillips, chief executive of Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority, which announced the discounts in collaboration with the Frontline Heroes Office.
“We would like to take this opportunity to honour their commitment to this responsibility and show our gratitude through a series of dedicated offers and benefits that they can use when they visit Ras Al Khaimah.
“It is with great pleasure that we welcome the nation’s heroes for a well-deserved break to enjoy the emirate’s diverse entertainment and hospitality offering.”
The initiative is the latest to honour the nation's more than 80,000 frontline workers, who are deemed essential in the fight against Covid-19.
They include healthcare practitioners, police, essential service providers, crisis managers, security and emergency service providers, humanitarian workers, cleaners and volunteers.
Previous discount offers include the Fazaa Frontline Heroes initiative, which covered food, shopping, plus deals on car rentals, insurance, hotel reservations across the world and treatment in hospitals across the Emirates.
In September, the government launched the Hayyakum programme to ease the pressure of tuition fees for healthcare professionals.
Participating tourist and leisure attractions in Ras Al Khaimah include:
- Jebel Jais Viewing Deck Park: Free entrance;
- Adventurati Outdoor Guided Tours Climbing Trekking & Canyoning: discount of 10 per cent until January 31, 2021;
- Bedouin Oasis: Special price for frontline professionals on all activities;
- Suwaidi Pearls: 30 per cent off on Suwaidi Pearl Farm tour;
- Travco: Desert safari for three persons in Dubai at a discounted price of Dh150 per person;
- Toni & Guy Ras Al Khaimah: 10 per cent discount on all colour, hairdressing services excluding Kerastraight treatment;
- The Dunes: 15 per cent discount;
- Beyond Action: 20 per cent off for a day trip, discount of 15 per cent on overnight stay;
- Toroverde Ras Al Khaimah: Discount of 25 per cent on tickets across the Jebel Jais Flight, Jais Sky Tour and Jais Sky Maze
Hospitality partners of RAKTDA that will participate in the initiative include:
- Hilton Garden Inn Ras Al Khaimah, Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah and DoubleTree by Hilton: Up to 25 per cent off their getaway, with extra flexibility including free early departure, early check-in and late check-out for Hilton Honours members;
- Rixos Bab Al Bahr: 20 per cent discount on all-inclusive room charge;
- Citymax Hotels: 20 per cent discount on stay, 30 per cent on food and beverages at any outlets and 50 per cent on laundry at the Citymax Ras Al Khaimah;
- The Cove Rotana: 20 per cent discount on stay, 15 per cent on food and beverages;
- BM Beach Hotel: Prices start from Dh225, until December 30, 2020;
- BM Beach Resort: Prices start from Dh260 until December 30, 2020;
- Marjan Island Resort & Spa: Prices start from Dh200;
- Pullman Hotels and Resorts: Prices start from Dh200
The offers are available to all frontline professionals included in the registry compiled by the Frontline Heroes Office.