Chilly Christmas weather for UAE with a rainy start to 2022

Sun will give way to cloudy skies this weekend

They sky was overcast in Dubai on Wednesday. Antonie Robertson / The National
Beta V.1.0 - Powered by automated translation

As UAE residents prepare to celebrate Christmas and ring in 2022, they can expect cloudy and cooler weather.

The forecast shows temperatures ranging from 17°C to 27°C until January 5.

Some sun on December 23 and 24 is expected to give way to cloudy skies in the days that follow, according to the National Centre of Meteorology.

And from the start of January, residents can even expect possible showers in Dubai, Sharjah and Abu Dhabi, according to

“Sharjah has a 60 per cent chance of rain in the morning and 40 per cent in the evening, while it’s the other way round for Dubai (40 per cent chance in the morning and 60 per cent in the evening),” it said.

For Abu Dhabi, it said: “It will be partly cloudy skies early followed by increasing clouds with showers developing later at night. Chance of rain 40 per cent.”

Dubai and Sharjah are expected to have rain on January 3 and 4, while Abu Dhabi has a 30 per cent chance of wet weather in the evening of Monday, January 3.

The NCM has made the following weather forecast for the next four days:

Thursday, December 23

It will be partly cloudy with low clouds over some areas. The temperature will drop slightly and it will be humid by night-time and on Friday morning, with the probability of fog in some areas.


It will be partly cloudy. Humidity is expected to rise during the night and on Saturday morning, with chances of fog.


It will remain cloudy, with a chance of mist forming in some areas.


The weather will remain partly cloudy and the mist is expected to persist in some areas.

Heavy rain in the UAE — in pictures

Updated: December 23, 2021, 4:58 AM