An Emirati mother saved her three children from a house fire in Ras Al Khaimah on Monday – moments before an air conditioning unit exploded.
The mother, 30, was with her children, aged between 2 and 5, at their Khuzam home when she noticed heavy smoke billowing out of one of her children’s rooms.
With smoke blocking the front door, the mother smashed a window in another room and helped her children out one at a time.
She escaped through the window seconds before the air-conditioning unit, which had caught fire due to a short circuit, exploded, sending debris across the house.
RAK Civil Defence received a report about the fire at 11.30am and immediately dispatched firefighters and paramedics.
The firefighters worked quickly to extinguish the blaze and stop it from spreading to nearby homes.
The mother and her children were taken to the nearest hospital, where they were treated for minor injuries caused by the window's broken glass.