Electrical fault caused fire that killed seven siblings in Fujairah

Investigators have established that sparks caused by faulty wiring set fire to the living room furniture, which was made of flammable materials

FUJAIRAH , UNITED ARAB EMIRATES , JAN 22 – 2018 :- Inside view of the house where seven Emirati children four girls and three boys died of smoke inhalation on Monday morning house fire at Rul Dhadna village in Fujairah.  (Pawan Singh / The National) For News. Story by Ruba Haza

The fire that killed seven Emirati siblings in Rol Dhadna on Monday was caused by an electrical fault, police have said.

Sparks caused by faulty wiring set fire to the living room furniture, which was made of flammable materials, forensic investigators have established.

“The investigations found that the fire was caused by an electrical fault occurred in the living room,” said Maj Dr Saeed Al Hassani, head of the media department at Fujairah Police.

Fujairah police were alerted to the fire in Roll Dhadna at 5.40am on Monday and immediately dispatched patrols, ambulances and firefighters to the site.

The four girls and three boys were found unconscious and immediately transferred to Dibba hospital where they were all pronounced dead due to smoke inhalation.

_______________

Read more:

EDITOR'S PICKS
NEWSLETTERS