Re-visit the five previous winners of the World Twenty20, which takes place in India this year.
Which country will join this list in 2016?
The preliminary phase began last week and the second round begins on Tuesday, March 15.
For full coverage the World T20, keep with The National.
Follow us on Twitter @NatSportUAE
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/TheNationalSport
• Sri Lanka defeated India by six wickets to lift the 2014 title in Mirpur, Bangladesh, to atone for their defeat in the previous two finals and provide the perfect T20 international farewell for Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardene.
• West Indies stunned Australia in the semi-finals and then broke the hearts of Sri Lanka in a low-scoring final. Despite scoring only a modest 137, the Windies restricted the hosts to 101 in reply before Chris Gayle led his teammates in a celebratory “Gangnam Style” dance.
• Player of the tournament Kevin Pietersen inspired England to their first ICC trophy in perfect fashion, defeating arch-rivals Australia in the West Indies.
• A Younis Khan-led Pakistan blew Sri Lanka away in a one-sided final at Lord’s to secure their second ICC world title.
• India won a thrilling inaugural final against Pakistan by five runs when Misbah-ul-Haq failed to make the runs needed in the final over, inspiring their previously sceptical fan base to embrace the T20 format.