New Zealand cancel Zimbabwe tour
New Zealand Cricket (NZC) has again postponed a planned tour of Zimbabwe due to security concerns. The Black Caps, captained by Daniel Vettori, were due to head to the troubled African country in June - having rearranged a tour previously scheduled for last year - but will not now make the trip until 2011 at the earliest. "It is clear from our recent discussions that the Government's assessment of the security situation in Zimbabwe has not changed from that of a year ago, when the Black Caps scheduled tour was postponed," said NZC chief executive James Vaughan. He went on to add that NZC would study the feasibility to going to Zimbabwe next year, but will consider a neutral venue if that is not advisable. "We have a possible window for the rescheduling of the tour next year in May/June," he said. "The other option is that we look at an playing the scheduled tour in a neutral venue."
Published: March 16, 2010 04:00 AM