Luka Jovic said he is ready to fight for his chance at Real Madrid after the Serbian striker completed his move to the Spanish club on Wednesday.
Jovic, 21, was presented to the media and fans at the Santiago Bernabeu having completed a medical earlier in the day. The official cost of his transfer from German club Eintracht Frankfurt has not been revealed but various media reports have claimed it is worth around €60 million (Dh250m).
"I am the happiest kid in the world," Jovic said in a press conference. "I am very happy to belong to the biggest club in the world and I hope to fulfil everything that is expected of me."
After taking photos with Real Madrid president Florentino Perez in the presidential box in front of the media, Jovic made his way out onto the Bernabeu pitch where he was greeted by around 4,500 supporters.
Jovic's arrival has added to Madrid's wealth of attacking talent, with the likes of Karim Benzema, Vinicius Junior, Gareth Bale, Marco Asensio, Brahim Diaz, Isco, Mariano Diaz and Lucas Vazquez all currently on the club's books.
Add to that the impending arrival of Belgian forward Eden Hazard from Chelsea, and Jovic is facing stiff competition for a starting place in manager Zinedine Zidane's side.
However, the Serbia international said he is ready to make the most of his chances to impress.
"The competition is fierce but if I work hard, I will get my chance. Then if I don't take it, it's my fault," he said. "I have not talked to Zidane yet but I've played as a second striker at Eintracht and I can also play on my own.
"I think I can be do well with Benzema but it is up to the coach to decide."
Jovic's arrival on a six-year contract continues Madrid's active summer of player recruitment and follows the signings of central defender Eder Militao from Porto and winger Rodrygo from Santos - both from Brazil.
Jovic moves to Madrid following a superb season for Frankfurt, in which he scored 27 goals in 48 appearances in all competitions - 17 in the Bundesliga and 10 in the Europa League where he fired his team to the semi-finals.
Perez welcomed the arrival of Jovic and believes the striker can help the club recover from a disappointing season that saw Madrid surrender their Uefa Champions League title defence in the first knockout stage to Ajax, before finishing well behind Barcelona in the Primera Liga.
"We know very well that others wanted to have you but you have fought to be here," Perez said. "We have to start winning again and today is a day to welcome a player who has to help us complete this mission."
Hazard, 28, will follow through the Bernabeu entrance on Thursday after Madrid released a statement on Wednesday confirming the Belgian will be presented to the media and fans at 7pm local time (9pm UAE).
There is expected to be as many as 70,000 in attendance to greet the Belgium captain, whose move from Chelsea is reportedly worth €100m.