Lionel Messi's sublime chip and the other nine goals up for Fifa's 2019 Puskas Award
Public can vote for their favourite goal until September 1
Lionel Messi, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Andros Townsend are among the 10 nominees for Fifa's 2019 Puskas Award.
Messi's sublime chipped effort for Barcelona against Real Betis in March - one of three goals he scored in that match - was deemed the best of the mercurial Argentine's 51 goals in 2018/19.
Swedish striker Ibrahimovic, who won the award in 2013 for his memorable long-range volley for Sweden against England, is also nominated for a superb swivelling volley for LA Galaxy against Toronto FC last September.
Crystal Palace midfielder Townsend's spectacular 30-yard thunderbolt against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium in December last year is also in the running.
The list includes three stunning goals scored by women during the last calendar year - Cameroon forward Ajara Nchout, Utah Royals winger Amy Rodriguez and Cliftonville Ladies defender Billie Simpson - have also been nominated.
All 10 goals up for consideration, chosen by a panel of "Fifa and external football experts", were scored between July 16, 2018 and July 19, 2019.
They will now go to a public vote via Fifa's official website, which is open until September 1, and the top three will then go before a panel of Fifa greats, who will choose this year's winner.
The best goal for 2019 will be announced at the Fifa Football Awards in Milan on September 23.
Here is the list in full:
1). Matheus Cunha (RB Leipzig) v Bayer Leverkusen
2. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (LA Galaxy) v Toronto FC
3. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) v Real Betis
4. Ajara Nchout (Cameroon) v New Zealand
5. Fabio Quagliarella (Sampdoria) v Napoli
6. Juan Fernando Quintero (River Plate) v Racing Club
7. Amy Rodriguez (Utah Royals) v Sky Blue FC
8. Billie Simspon (Cliftonville Ladies) v Sion Swifts Ladies
9. Andro Townsend (Crystal Palace) v Manchester City
10. Daniel Zsori (Debrecen) v Ferencvaros
Updated: August 19, 2019 08:16 PM