When is it?
The Dubai World Cup will be staged on Saturday, March 26.
World Cup night
Gates open on World Cup night at midday, with the first race run at 3.45pm. Registration for the Jaguar Style Stakes opens at 1pm.
• 3.45pm Dubai Kahayla Classic, sponsored by IPIC, Group 1, 2000m dirt, US $1 million (dh3.67 million)
• 4.20pm Godolphin Mile, sponsored by Meydan Sobha, Group 2, 1,600m, dirt, $1 million (dh3.67 million)
• 4.55pm Dubai Gold Cup, sponsored by Al Tayer Motors, Group 2, 3,200m turf, $1 million (dh3.67 million)
• 5.35pm UAE Derby, sponsored by Saeed & Mohammed Al Naboodah Group 2, 1,900m dirt, $2 million (dh7.34 million)
• 6.10pm Al Quoz Sprint, Group 1, 1,000m, turf, $1 million (dh3.67 million)
• 6.45pm Dubai Golden Shaheen, sponsored by Gulf News, Group 1 1,200m dirt, $2 million (dh7.34 million)
• 7.05pm Dubai World Cup show
• 7.45pm Dubai Turf, sponsored by DP World, Group 1 1,800m, turf, $6 million (dh22.02 million)
• 8.20pm Dubai Sheema Classic, sponsored by Longines, Group 1 2,410m, turf, $6 million (dh22.02 million)
• 9pm Dubai World Cup, sponsored by Emirates Airline, Group 1 2,000m dirt, $10 million (dh36.7 million)
There are still tickets left to one of Dubai’s biggest events. The Gallery is the best of what is still available and for AED 1,500 you get afternoon tea, gourmet canapes, soft drinks and standard house drinks, in addition to your entry.
For AED1,400 you can gain admittance to the Sky Bubble, located under the iconic Meydan crescent roof. Enjoy a fork buffet, canapés, live cooking stations, selected beverages and soft drinks from the comfort of lounge and you can easily gain access to the Apron Views in front of the grandstand. Tickets for the Apron Views, the stage on which the Jaguar Style Stakes are held, are AED450.
Official ticketing information can be found at store.meydan.ae/
Where is it?
The Dubai World Cup has been held at Meydan Racecourse since the UAE’s flagship racecourse was first built at a reported cost of $US1.25bn for the 2010 World Cup.
The racecourse can most easily be reached from D69 via Sheikh Zayed Road. D69 can also be accessed from the Dubai-Al Ain Road.
*All scheduling and course information is currently via race organisers and will be updated if changed
Follow us on Twitter @NatSportUAE
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/TheNationalSport