The report was made by Ulhas Gandhe and Chris Gaffaney, the on-field umpires for that IPL fixture.
According to the competition’s “suspected illegal bowling action policy”, Narine has been placed “on the warning list” but is permitted to bowl unless he is formally reported again.
If that does happen, he will be barred from bowling in the tournament until cleared by a committee that deals with suspect bowling actions.
“This came as a surprise to the franchise and Mr Narine, considering he has played over 115 games in the IPL since 2012 and as many as 68 games since 2015, when he was last reported during the IPL season for a suspect action before being subsequently cleared completely by SRASSC, an ICC accredited facility,” Kolkata said on Monday.
“Furthermore, he was playing his sixth game this season, with no concerns expressed formally or informally by the match officials so far.
“Having said this, we are respectful of the process that the IPL has put in place to have his action reviewed, and are working closely with the IPL in this matter.
“We are hopeful that there would be an appropriate resolution quickly. We appreciate the cooperation being extended by the IPL in expediting this matter.”
Kolkata return to action on Monday evening, when they face Royal Challengers Bangalore in Sharjah.