Business Extra: How to future in a world of hyperchange
Futurist Scott Smith says anyone can make sense of this age of uncertainty and act
After 15 years of working with Fortune 500 companies, governments and start-ups, Scott Smith says anyone can make sense of this age of uncertainty and act.
Host Kelsey Warner speaks to futurist, founder of Changeist and author of How to Future: Leading and Sense-making in an Age of Hyperchange about how he maps the future.
To future is a verb, not a noun. And in a year like 2020, futuring has never been more important. If futuring is something we can all do, all the time, what does that look like and how can it help us in an epochal year?
In this episode
- What does a futurist do? (1m 20s)
- Where does future obsession come from? (2m 36s)
- Tools to mapping a future (3m 40s)
- How does Scott Smith filter information? (19m 19s)
- "Don't bring a post-it to a database fight". AI and big data (11m 40s)
- The best ways to communicate findings (14m 40s)
Updated: September 2, 2020 09:12 AM