Yellow can bring a bright summery vibe into your space. But use sparingly – a couple of simple accent pieces should do the trick.
1 A unique finish
This ceramic cereal bowl is from Indigo Living’s Rice Collection, a colourful tabletop range that’s hand-dipped and dyed with slight changes in oven temperature during the firing and dying process, ensuring that each piece is entirely unique. Those slight variations make us love it all the more.
• Rice Ceramic Cereal Bowl, Dh59, Indigo Living
2 Throwing down
The Huxton throw from Kas Australia’s new autumn 2014 collection will immediately brighten up a tired-looking sofa or armchair. The throw also comes in a white and hot pink version if you feel like mixing and matching.
• Huxton Throw, Dh349, Kas Australia Dubai, The Dubai Mall, Mirdif City Centre and Mercato Mall, Dubai
3 A cushy deal
This pale yellow Thomas Paul Geo Maize Cushion will make a real pop when set against a neutral sofa. The 100-per-cent-cotton cover is also reversible.
• Thomas Paul Geo Maize Cushion Cover, Dh277, Indigo Living, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
4 Covering up
Often, with yellow, less is more, as these bed covers from Zara Home prove. Dainty yellow mimosa flowers are set against a stark white background for a look that feels fresh and feminine.
• Mimosa Print Bed Linen Set, from Dh285 for the duvet cover, Zara Home stores nationwide
5 Mellow yellow
If the blinding hues of brighter yellows are a bit much for you, try a more muted approach. The rustic-style Fat Aporto Vase from Australian brand Two Girls and a Container is a perfect example and will look fabulous wherever you choose to put it.
• Fat Aporto Vase, Dh257, www.twogirlsandacontainer.com.au