Woman falls to death from balcony after allegedly robbing massage client

It is claimed the woman and an accomplice lured the man to their apartment for a massage, then tried to rob him

A woman fell to her death from an 11th-floor balcony while trying to flee the scene of an alleged attempted robbery in Al Barsha, Dubai.

The Nigerian, whose age was not disclosed in records, was one of two women who it is claimed lured a Saudi national to their flat to rob him.
The Saudi man, 38, contacted the women on WhatsApp and agreed to meet them at their apartment for what was termed as a "massage session", Dubai Criminal Court heard.

According to the man, as he entered the flat on October 3 and before the massage, the women attacked and restrained him then stripped him naked. He said they then took pictures showing one of the women in inappropriate positions.
The pair then allegedly threatened to torture him and post the pictures online if he did not give them money.
"I gave them Dh1,500 before trying to escape, but one of them blocked the way to the door. I pushed her out, locked the door and took the key," said the man.

It was not disclosed how much he had agreed to pay for the massage. 
The Nigerian woman, who was locked inside the flat, attempted to escape from the balcony of apartment number 1104 after the man threatened to call police, he said.

She instead fell to her death. 
Neighbours were woken by the sound of the woman's body hitting the ground.

"I woke up at around 3am to the sound of something hitting the ground. I looked out of my balcony and saw a woman's body," said a resident in the building.
He informed a security guard who called police.
The accomplice, who had been locked out of the flat, was arrested while trying to escape.
"She was walking away from the building quietly to escape, but the Saudi man identified her and we took her into custody," a police officer said.
The woman allegedly admitted her role in the crime during police questioning, but later in court denied charges of theft, confinement, issuing threats and breaching a man's privacy.

The next hearing will be on February 5.