ABU DHABI // A fire caused by an electrical short circuit broke out last night at a building under construction on Reem Island, officials said.
There were no injuries reported in the fire, which started at about 8pm and was contained in less than an hour.
Residents of the neighbouring Tourist Club Area said they heard helicopters and sirens for more than 45 minutes. "It seems there are always fires happening around town these days," said one resident.
"My friends and I panicked when we heard the sirens." *