Abu Dhabi set out a renewed flu vaccine push on Monday in an effort to help doctors differentiate between seasonal flu and Covid-19.
Officials said every publicly-run health facility in the emirate will offer the jab, in addition to some drive-through centres originally set up to screen for coronavirus.
Public hospital operator Seha said it would increase the accessibility of its home flu jab services in Abu Dhabi city and Al Ain, which is for people with existing conditions and disabilities.
Seha officials said the jabs would be free for any resident who visits a government-run hospital.
Private clinics and hospitals also only charge Dh25 to Dh50 per flu shot.
"Both Covid-19 and influenza viruses exhibit similar symptoms, underlining the importance of getting immunised this year to stay protected and alleviate the pressure on healthcare sector," said Dr Noura Al Ghaithi, chief operations officer at Seha.
"When more people get vaccinated, healthcare professionals will be able to dedicate their efforts to manage the demands placed by Covid-19 and other critical medical conditions.”
In addition, workers in the Mussaffah industrial area, which is home to hundreds of thousands of the city's workers, will be vaccinated after they receive their next Covid test.
Workers are typically tested every week or two to prevent the spread of cases in industrial workplaces and high-density areas.
Seha said it intended to inoculate all of its 17,000 employees against seasonal flu.
The following centres currently offer the seasonal influenza vaccine in Abu Dhabi:
- Al Bateen Healthcare Centre
- Al Madina Occupational Health Centre
- Mushrif Children's Specialty Centre
- Al Zafarana Diagnostic and Screening Centre
Within Abu Dhabi’s central region, the vaccine will be available at:
- Al Maqta Healthcare centre
- Madinat Khalifa Healthcare centre
- Madinat Mohammed Bin Zayed Healthcare centre
- Al Bahia Healthcare centre
- Al Falah Healthcare centre
- Al Samha Healthcare centre
- Baniyas Healthcare centre
Other centres where the vaccine will be available, include:
- Al Khatim Healthcare centre
- Al Faqaa Healthcare centre
- Al Hayer Healthcare centre Al-Hili Healthcare centre
- Al Jahili Healthcare centre
- Al Khazna Healthcare centre
- Al Muwaiji Healthcare centre
- Al Quaa Healthcare centre
- Al Shwaib Healthcare centre
- Al Yahar Healthcare centre
- Mezyad Healthcare centre
- Neima Healthcare centre
- Remah Healthcare centre
- Sweihan Healthcare centre
- Zakher Healthcare centre
- Al Towayya Children's Specialty centre
- Oud Al Touba Diagnostic and Screening centre