ABU DHABI // A fire at a residential building on Wednesday was caused by ignited waste left on the rooftop.
Civil Defence teams from the Mina and Falah stations were quick to extinguish the blaze after commander Maj Gen Jassem Al Marzooqi - who was in the vicinity - called in the fire.
A firetruck equipped with a high ladder rushed in from the Al Bateen station to extinguish and control the blaze. No injuries or casualties were reported.
Civil Defence urged members of the public, property owners, and commercial and residential establishments to ensure compliance with public safety requirements and standards and not to accumulate or store equipment that could lead to the ignition or spread of a fire.o be coming from the top two floors.