THE One, Pizza Express, Century Financial and Transworld Group have topped a survey of the best workplaces in the UAE.
Out of 50 companies included in the result, they took the top spots in the Great Place to Work 2022 survey’s small to medium-sized company category.
In the large-size company category, Dubai Police Academy, Leminar, DHL Express, Hilton and McDonald’s were ranked highest in a top 20 list.
The annual report is compiled by management consultancy Great Place to Work, which compiles the survey in 60 countries.
Researchers sends out a 'trust index' to employees of companies, which measures how they are being treated at the company, if they are being fairly paid and if they feel informed about management decisions, among other issues.
This index has about 85 per cent of weight in the annual report, with the other 25 per cent is based on a survey that is sent to employers, measuring quality of leadership.
Ibrahim Mougharbel, Great Place to Work's managing director for the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Kuwait, said to make it to the top of the list, a company had to excel in a number of areas.
"We have 59 statements under the trust index," he said.
"It's a ranking system, where the employees actually say if they feel involved, informed, fairly paid and treated, proud of the work they do for the company, if they feel that they have accomplished something, they're proud of it or they just feel like a number."
The survey's authors said top-rated companies focused on morale, training and learning opportunities – and injected some fun into the workplace in what was a difficult time for many workers.
Retail company THE One was ranked number one in the small and medium-size category again this year, because of its "quality leadership".
"If you ask me what's so special about THE One, their CEO, the owner of the business, is quite attentive in terms of making sure that every employee gets a great experience," said Mr Mougharbel.
"He's very interested. So, one of the key things that is so special about THE One is leadership effectiveness – that leaders are interested in their people and they put the people at the forefront of their thinking."
UAE salary guide 2022
Dubai Police Academy has moved up 13 places from last year to take top spot in the large category.
The survey's authors said: "The Academy was fully inaugurated in 1989 and has taken in students from Arabic countries such as Yemen, Oman, Lebanon and the Palestinian Territories, where it continues to maintain international standards of teaching.
"Dubai Police Academy has moved up an incredible 13 ranks from last year simply by putting their people first."
Small to medium-size companies:
1. THE One - retail
2. Pizza Express - hospitality
3. Century Financial - financial service and insurance
4. Transworld Group - transport
5. Eva Interiors - professional services
6. Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority - social services and government agencies
7. Hadi Express Exchange - financial services and insurance
8. Charterhouse - other
9. PetroGas Piping - industrial services
10. Metropolitan Group - property
11. Bacardi Ltd - manufacturing and production
12. Westford University - education and training
13. Blue Ocean Academy - education and training
14. DP World - transport
15. Privilee - other
16. Hill + Knowlton Strategies - advertising and marketing
17. Akamai Technologies Limited - information technology
18. Loccitane - retail
19. AbbVie Biopharmaceuticals - biotechnology and pharmaceuticals
20. Groupe SEB - manufacturing and production
21. Global Food Industries - manufacturing and production
22. International Beverage and Filling Industries - manufacturing and production
23. SARA Group - retail
24. Maersk - transport
25. MIDSTAR - agriculture
26. Amgen - biotechnology and pharmaceuticals
27. Omni Clouds - information technology
28. Zee Entertainment - media
29. Shift Electronics - electronics
30. MSD - biotechnology and pharmaceuticals
31. Marc Ellis - professionals services
32. GAC - other
33. Hilti - manufacturing and production
34. TDRA - telecoms
35. Greenstone Equity Partners - financial services and insurance
36. Aldar Khidmah - other
37. Medtronic - healthcare
38. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited - biotechnology and pharmaceuticals
39. Coberg Technologies - information technology
40. Redington Gulf - information technology
41. Aldar Education - education and training
42. Government of Sharjah - Department of eGov - social services and government agencies
43. Aldar Properties - property
44. Omnicom Media Group - advertising and marketing
45. Glander International Bunkering - professional services
46. AlphaSights - professional services
47. BDP INTERNATIONAL - transport
48. Arada - property
49. Servier - biotechnology and pharmaceuticals
50. Mohebi Martin Brower - retail
Large size companies:
1. Dubai Police Academy - social services and government agencies
2. Leminar - manufacturing and production
3. DHL Express - transport
4. Hilton - hospitality
5. McDonald's - hospitality
6. FIVE Hotels - hospitality
7. Dewa - social services and government agencies
8. Ajman Police - social services and government agencies
9. Chalhoub Group - retail
10. Al-Dabbagh Group - other
11. Apparel Group - retail
12. Talabat - information technology
13. Teleperformance - professional services
14. DHL Global Forwarding - transport
15. Dubai Customs - social services and government agencies
16. Dubai DED - social services and government agencies
17. Coca-Cola - manufacturing and production
18. Standard Chartered - financial services and insurance
19. Deloitte - professional services
20. Sewa - social services and government agencies