The UAE and US relationship is in focus against the backdrop of the Middle East's biggest defence show.
The US embassy's charge d'affaires in Abu Dhabi, Sean Murphy, joins co-hosts Mustafa Alrawi and Kelsey Warner this week to discusses the special relationship between the two nations in matters of military exports and diplomacy on the sidelines of Idex.
While big-ticket deals grab the headlines, other priorities are in play for one of the UAE's most important trade partners, according to Mr Murphy. He responds to questions about the status of UAE-US arms deals under the Biden administration, including Lockheed Martin's F-35s, and a paradigm shift following the Abraham Accord.
- Idex 2021: UAE Armed Forces sign $1.37bn of military deals on day one
- Ambassador Yousef Al Otaiba: UAE confident on F-35 jet sale
- Biden administration approves $197m arms sale to Egypt
- Gulf defence spending to rebound to pre-pandemic levels by 2024, Janes says
- Idex 2021: The drone destroyer that can be slung over the shoulder