Want your house deep cleaned? The UAE companies offering at home sanitisation and disinfection services
In the face of the Covid-19 pandemic, sanitisation services are being requested by companies keen on creating a safe and hygienic environment
Generic and deep-cleaning services aside, a sanitisation and disinfection service is now available to residents in the UAE, put together by ServiceMarket and the multiple vendors it works with. The company colluded with Dubai Municipality to “understand the requirements, materials and process to deliver this service” while staff was “refocused to keep up with the demand”.
Company representative Bana Shomali notes that, in the face of the Covid-19 pandemic, sanitisation services are being requested by companies keen on creating a safe and hygienic environment for their employees as well as some getting their employee accommodation and vehicles sanitised. “We are also seeing increased demand from tenants and home owners, who are keen on sanitising their homes as a precaution.”
All providers listed under the Cleaning, Sanitization and Disinfection tab are vetted and licensed to perform this service and can be selected and booked here. Service Market works closely with Elite Advanced Building Cleaning Services in Dubai and Delight and Debug in Abu Dhabi. Khidmah will also offer discounted disinfection and sanitisation services across the capital, as part of parent company Aldar’s Dh100 million programme to support its residents, tenants, customers and partners. Email email@example.com to know more.
Here is a full list of DM-approved disinfection companies.
What a disinfection and sanitisation service entails
“The home should be thoroughly cleaned first, followed by a complete sanitisation and disinfection process,” says Shomali. “Be aware of companies that sanitise without cleaning first, as this is counterproductive.”
Other technical guidelines offered by Dubai Municipality, and that residents can monitor, include:
- Thorough cleaning and disinfection of all surfaces, floors, tops and furniture
- Disinfection of bathroom and kitchen (all surfaces, tops, floors, mirrors, sinks, basins, showers, etc)
- Disinfection of frequently touched areas (handles, light switches, door knobs, window handles, etc)
- Vacuuming and steaming of carpets and rugs
- The service provider should use biocides and chemicals that are safe to use in the home and office
- The service provider should provide their workers with the right PPE (protective equipment) to ensure their workers are safe
- The service provider should dispose of all cleaning materials used in the service (for example, the cloth and PPE used) upon completion of the service
- The service provider should keep the AC on and the area properly ventilated throughout the process
Updated: March 26, 2020 11:51 AM