The hot list: The flower power of florals
1 Colourful cushions
If you’re looking to introduce a pop of colour into your space, the striking shades of this cotton cushion from Interior 360 should do the trick. If you ask us, this is florals at their very best.
• Floral printed cushion, Dh189, Interior 360 at Galeries Lafayette, Dubai Mall
2 Flower power
Designed by Paul Smith for The Rug Company, Passion Flower will make a subtle but eye-catching addition to your space. The carpet is made from hand-knotted Tibetan wool and only available to order.
• Passion Flower, Dh5,763 per square metre, The Rug Company, DIFC
3 A new dimension
D.Tales has introduced new wallpaper collections to its already extensive range. These include Eco Dimensions, which sees the sustainable Swedish brand Eco take elements from nature and transform them into graphic, highly textural motifs.
• Eco Dimensions 8121, price on request, D. Tales, Jumeirah Beach Road, Dubai, Al Zahiyah, Abu Dhabi and www.design-tales.com
4 Brilliant bedding
Crisp white bed linen is always nice, but can sometimes look a little dull. Ikea’s sateen-woven Rödbinka line is a good middle ground – a simple floral pattern on a white background adds a touch of interest, without being too over-the-top.
• Rödbinka quilt cover and pillow case, Dh199, Ikea stores nationwide
5 A cut above
We’re loving the bespoke artwork by the home-grown Little Lala brand. Hand sketches, many of which have a distinctly Middle Eastern feel, are converted into cut-outs and then set against pretty papers and fabrics.
• Dhow, Dh295 for the medium size, The Change Initiative, Al Barsha, Dubai
Follow us @LifeNationalUAE
Follow us on Facebook for discussions, entertainment, reviews, wellness and news.
Published: May 29, 2014 04:00 AM