Fenty first look: five things to know about Rihanna's fashion label
Maison Fenty is a new luxury label headed up by Rihanna, here's what you need to know
The fashion world has been waiting with baited breath for the arrival of Rihanna’s Fenty label, and the star has now offered the first look at her designs.
Rihanna announced earlier this year that she would be launching a luxury fashion house under the LVMH umbrella – the French company which owns Louis Vuitton and Dior – but until now, there had been no clues as to what her clothes would look like.
But in a video posted to Instagram and YouTube, Fenty has given a preview of its first designs, and they do not disappoint.
Think structured tailoring, washed denim and killer accessories – Rihanna’s signature edgy style is evident in the designs, which will be released in full at the end of this month.
Of course, the signer is no stranger to design. From her Fenty Beauty line, to her size-inclusive lingerie collection and her hugely successful collaboration with Puma, Rihanna – real name Robyn Fenty – has been laying the groundwork for her own label for years.
“Designing a line like this with LVMH is an incredibly special moment for us,” Rihanna said in a statement. “Mr Arnault has given me a unique opportunity to develop a fashion house in the luxury sector, with no artistic limits. I couldn’t imagine a better partner both creatively and business-wise, and I’m ready for the world to see what we have built together.”
Here are five things you need to know about Fenty:
- Fenty is the first new label to be launched by LVMH – the company behind Louis Vuitton, Givenchy, Celine and Dior – since 1987.
- Rihanna is also the first black female designer to take the helm of a luxury fashion house within the LVMH group.
- Maison Fenty will operate on a buy-now-see-now basis, releasing a number of special pieces which will only be available for limited times, as well as core collections.
- The brand will operate from an ‘online flagship’, although pop-up boutiques will coincide with special launches.
- Maison Fenty officially launches on May 29, but there will be a pop-up boutique preview in Paris on May 24.
Updated: May 21, 2019 03:23 PM