He might be making headlines for all the wrong reasons right now, but that doesn’t mean British actor Dominic West, 50, isn’t still thinking of his career.
The actor is rumoured to be joining hit Netflix show The Crown, playing an older Prince Charles in the final two series, filming for which has not yet started.
With the prince, who is next in line to the throne, currently being portrayed by British actor Josh O'Connor, 30, fans of the show will see the world-famous Charles and Diana love story introduced in the fourth season, which debuts on Netflix on Sunday, November 15.
But series five and six will focus on an older Charles, and West is said to be at the top of producers' wish list.
"Show bosses looked at several stars for the sought-after role," reports The Sun, "but he was by far their preferred actor. Now both parties are hammering out a deal."
A new Diana, and a new Queen
While West has yet to confirm his involvement, the role of Princess Diana will be portrayed in seasons five and six by Australian actress Elizabeth Debicki, who has also appeared on the big screen in recent hit Tenet, and opposite Tom Hiddleston in acclaimed TV show The Night Manager.
Debicki, 30, who will take over from British actress Emma Corrin, said of the role: "Princess Diana's spirit, her words and her actions live in the hearts of so many. It is my true privilege and honour to be joining this masterful series, which has had me absolutely hooked from episode one."
Fans of the show will also be treated to a new Queen Elizabeth II, as Olivia Colman bows out after two seasons to make way for fellow British thespian Imelda Staunton, 64, who famously starred as horrible headmistress Dolores Umbridge in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
Making headlines like Charles
Just as with Charles and Diana, West is no stranger to making headlines for his colourful love life. Recent candid photos of him with his The Pursuit of Love co-star, British actress Lily James, in Rome caused a scandal after his wife of 10 years, Catherine Fitzgerald, was said to have been "devastated".
However, the married couple, who share four children, last week posed happily together for photographers, before sharing a handwritten note which read: “Our marriage is strong and we’re very much still together.”