Priyanka Chopra has responded to an Australian journalist who questioned whether she and husband Nick Jonas were "qualified" to announce the Oscars nominees earlier this week.
The couple hosted the livestream event from London on Monday afternoon, announcing the actors, directors and films in the running at this year's Academy Awards.
Following the event, journalist Peter Ford shared a photo of the couple on twitter, writing: “No disrespect to these two, but I’m not sure their contribution to movies qualifies them to be announcing Oscar nominees.”
Sharing a video scrolling through her IMDb profile, she wrote: “Would love your thoughts on what qualifies someone. Here are my 60+ film credentials for your adept consideration.”
Many of her fans were quick to praise her response. “Exactly queen educate him”, fan account @awesomechopra wrote.
Another user, @fluffybook, wrote: “Not only does this diminish a woman’s career but also disregards the importance of World Cinema and its presence at the Oscars. Like film doesn’t just revolve around American movies.”
The clap back was unusual for Chopra, who said in a recent interview with Marie Claire that she tries not to react to online comments about her.
“I am just like everyone else. In the morning when I’m driving to work or I’m having my coffee, I’m flipping through Twitter, Instagram, the news, and when my name pops up, I’m like, ‘Alright, what are people saying? How are we feeling?’ I just don’t react to it or let it affect my mental well-being,” she said.