Saudi Arabia on Tuesday reported two new deaths from coronavirus as the pandemic continues to spread in the region, despite drastic measures to contain it.
Both people resided in Madinah, the Ministry of Health said. It took the death toll to 10.
The ministry also recorded 110 new cases over the past 24 hours, bringing the total to 1,563.
Fifty people have recovered during the past 24 hours, bringing the recovery figure up to 165, the ministry said.
King Salman said on Monday that coronavirus patients in the country would not be charged for treatment.
Saudi Arabia has the highest number of cases in the Gulf.
The Ministry of Health said King Salman ordered “free treatment to all coronavirus casualties, whether citizens, residents or those who have violated residency regulations”.
The country has tightened a curfew cross all cities over the past week, bringing it forward from 6pm to 3pm.
Riyadh, Makkah, Madinah and Jeddah have been sealed off.
Authorities are advising citizens not to hoard food, saying supply flows are secure.
Kuwait reported 23 new cases of the novel coronavirus on Tuesday, taking the country's toll to 289.
Health Ministry spokesman Abdullah Al Sanad urged citizens to follow the guidelines set out by the authorities and the World Health Organisation to avoid spreading the virus.
One person has also recovered in Kuwait, the 73rd to do so, Mr Al Sanad said during his daily briefing.
More than 200 patients are still receiving treatment, and 13 are in intensive-care units, including three in a critical condition, he said.
Kuwaiti authorities accelerated the graduation of doctors and other medical students to help counter the coronavirus.
The official news agency said Higher Education Minister Saud Al Harbi approved on Monday a proposal by the University of Kuwait to cut short the last year of medical science students "to support the teams working on combating the coronavirus".
The students will still take their final exams, the agency said.