Three charged with underage trafficking in Dubai

Victims were repeatedly raped and forced to work as prostitutes

Powered by automated translation

Two men and a woman have been charged with trafficking an underage girl to work as a prostitute in Dubai.

The trio, from Bangladesh, allegedly lured the victim and another woman, 21, to travel to the Emirates after promising them work as maids.

After arriving in the UAE, the pair were locked up, had their passports confiscated and were raped repeatedly.

One of them revealed how she was forced to have sex with up to 15 men a day.

"The two men picked me up from the airport, took away my passport and sent me to a flat where I was told I would have to prostitute myself," one victim told the court.

“I started crying and refused because when I was back home they said that I would work as maid.”

Appearing at Dubai Criminal Court, the three defendants were charged with trafficking and running a brothel in the Naif area of Dubai.

The two men, aged 43 and 55, were also charged with raping the two and locking them up against their will.

In her statement, one victim told how she had arrived to Dubai in August this year after being given a passport, tourist visa and an airplane ticket by the two accused.

She said she was locked up and forced to have sex with up to 15 men a day for just Dh10 each time.

“I asked each customer to help me and get me a phone but only one man did nearly a month after I came,” she said.

“When I got it, I called the police emergency number and reported them.”

Police raided the brothel on September 15 and arrested the three.

Officers were able to rescue both victims, the youngest of whom had worked as a prostitute for 50 days.

“I was approached by a woman in my town and offered a maid’s job,” she told the court.

“They [the defendants] issued me a passport with a fake age making me older, and flew me here. When I arrived I was forced to work in prostitution.”

During police questioning, the three accused admitted all charges against them.

The hearing was adjourned until January 15.