ABU DHABI // The Federal Cabinet has expressed its full support for Bahrain in the fight against terrorism following last week’s bomb attack which killed three policemen, including Emirati First Lieutenant Tariq Al Shehi.
The improvised bomb, which exploded as security forces dispersed Shiite protesters in the village of Daih, near Manama, also left others injured.
The Cabinet said it was confident that the Bahraini security agencies would bring those responsible to justice, commending the progress they have made so far, Wam, the state news agency, reported.
“The UAE, while affirming that this terrorist act will not deter it from shouldering its responsibilities of defending the brothers in Bahrain, expresses its full confidence in the competence and ability of the Bahraini security agencies to apprehend those responsible for this brutal crime and to bring them to fair Bahraini justice,” the Cabinet said in a statement on Sunday.
The statement continued with condolences to the leadership and people of Bahrain. They wished a speedy recovery to those injured in the attack.
"We also emphasise our unequivocal commitment to stand united in support of our brothers in the Kingdom of Bahrain in confronting terrorism in all its forms and manifestations. We also confirm our firm, full support for the National Dialogue Initiative ... which seeks to enhance national unity and to maintain security and stability in sisterly Bahrain."