Transfer talk: Arsenal onto Arturo Vidal with Morgan Schneiderlin likely headed to Manchester United

Spanish radio are reporting with Morgan Schneiderlin all but gone to Manchester United, Arsenal have shifted their attention to Juventus playmaker Arturo Vidal.
Chile and Juventus player Arturo Vidal shown on Thursday at a national team training session ahead of the Copa America semi-final on Monday against Peru. Kiko Huesca / EPA / June 25, 2015
Chile and Juventus player Arturo Vidal shown on Thursday at a national team training session ahead of the Copa America semi-final on Monday against Peru. Kiko Huesca / EPA / June 25, 2015

Manchester United and Arsenal

A Spanish radio station is reporting Juventus playmaker Arturo Vidal is likely headed to Arsenal, with reports out of England saying the north London club have withdrawn their interest in Morgan Schneiderlin as his own move to Manchester United looks inevitable.

The Daily Mail reported Saturday Southampton’s Schneiderlin was set for a £25 million (Dh144.2m) move to United, adding another blow to the overachieving south coast club following last summer’s mass exodus.

That leaves Arsenal exploring their other options, with the Cadena Cope station’s “Game Time” programme in Spain reporting under the headline “Vidal, one step away from Arsenal” a deal to move Vidal from Italy to the Premier League is 90 per cent complete.

The radio station said the fee would be €30 million (Dh122.2m). The station’s report added the Chilean Vidal had been interested in Spanish clubs Barcelona and Real Madrid, but that a few days ago Arsene Wenger authorised Arsenal to intensify negotiations with Juve.

Vidal and hosts Chile will match up with Peru in the Copa America semi-final on Monday night in Santiago.

Read more: The National’s Transfer Talk page

Southampton and Liverpool

Meanwhile, Sky Sports are reporting on another potential blow to Southampton, with Liverpool apparently dipping back into the south coast well for Nathaniel Clyne.

Clyne would join former teammates Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren and Rickie Lambert at Anfield, where Brendan Rodgers recruited the trio for roughly a combined £50 million last summer.

The report indicated England full-back Clyne would sign a five-year deal and would cost between £12.5 million and 15 million.

Clyne would be the latest in a busy early summer period for Rodgers, who has already brought James Milner, Danny Ings and Roberto Firmino, among others, to Liverpool.

AC Milan

Sevilla striker Carlos Bacca says he has reached an agreement with AC Milan, telling reporters in Colombia: “Yes we have reached an agreement with Milan”.

He added that he did not have full confirmation right away, but he did refer to Milan as “the club with 100 per cent of the possibility” of signing him.

Bacca, whose Colombia side were eliminated by Argentina on penalties in the Copa America quarter-finals on Friday, scored 20 goals in 37 Primera Liga appearances for Sevilla as they finished fifth in Spain.

Tottenham Hotspur

The Daily Mirror says Tottenham Hotspur are prepared to cut their losses on Roberto Soldado to the tune of £15 million, angling for an £11m sale of the disappointing Spanish striker whom they paid £26m for just two years ago.

The report said Turkish club Galatasaray were the club interested in perhaps rehabilitating Soldado, 30, but were trying to position themselves for a further discount.

Since arriving in England from Valencia, Soldado has scored just 11 goals in 65 games across all competitions, four in the Europa League.

Follow us on Twitter @NatSportUAE

Published: June 29, 2015 04:00 AM

SHARE

Editor's Picks
NEWSLETTERS
Sign up to:

* Please select one